
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Many of you will have likely heard this quote before... one of those ubiquitous ones. I saw it recently and it occurred to me that I disagree with it. Maybe this quote describes an effective and shrewd approach in diplomacy or politics, but in my case I use this sort of strategy because I want people to think I'm smarter than I am. It is an "effective" way for me to pursue the idol of wanting people to think highly of me :-\. Not to mention it is dishonest.
What else is up? Michigan's athletic department broke my heart and Les Miles' heart by in effect passing on Les during a crazy weekend. I'll get over it: Michigan football is bigger than one coach. Still sucks because Les bled (probably past tense) maize and blue and seems to be a solid coach.
Hey, Christmas is almost here: "There's a lot to shout about!" - Sufjan Stevens.

1 comment:
I have always thought the idea behind the quote was to say 'think a little before you open your mouth'.........I had not thought it was intended to be a policy to make yourself appear more intelligent........even if you don't say anything people are still sitting there thinking you are an idiot..... :)
Post a Comment